Monday 30 July 2012

My Go To Drink - Green Tea

My friends that knows me well would know that the last thing I would order for my beverage is green tea. I would rather drink plain water to drink green tea. I knew that green tea was good for health and skin, but I never liked the taste of tea, and I never wanted to try.

Here are some benefits of green tea that I've found online.
For those who didn't know, Green tea helps with:




  • Weight Loss. 
    Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
  • Diabetes. Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes and resulting fat storage.
  • Heart Disease. Scientists think, green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
  • Esophageal Cancer. It can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer, but it is also widely thought to kill cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them.
  • Cholesterol. Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
  • Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. It is said to delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Studies carried out on mice showed that green tea protected brain cells from dying and restored damaged brain cells.
  • Tooth Decay. Studies suggests that the chemical antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions
  • Blood Pressure. Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
  • Depression. Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and be a great benefit to tea drinkers.
  • Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial. Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents which make them effective for treating everything from influenza to cancer. In some studies green tea has been shown to inhibit the spread of many diseases.
  • Skincare. Green tea can apparently also help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Both animal and human studies have demonstrated that green tea applied topically can reduce sun damage.



  • Just 2 months ago, I started drinking green tea, not replacing water, but drinking a few cups a day and the rest water. I've tried a few brands of it and the only brand that is more acceptable to me is the green tea from Red Sun.


    This green tea has the scent of normal green tea, but when you drink it, the taste is not strong. It has a little of the green tea taste, but if you didn't pay attention, you will think that you're drink water, or maybe it is just me.


    This is how it looks like when you get a packet out.

    What I'll do to the tea is:



    I'll fill the cup with some water, not too much, because we're pour the water away after that.
    PS. Sorry for the blurry image. I only noticed it after uploading.



    Then I'll use a 'fishing' method, by pulling the tea bag up and down to rinse the tea bag a little and pour the water away.



    Then I'll fill the cup full to the brim and its ready to drink!(:





    So for green tea 'haters' like me, If you really want to try drinking green tea, you can try this method. The tea would probably taste more acceptable to you!(:

    After drinking green tea for 2months, I don't feel anything different about my body. But I did lose some weight. HEHHEH. Then again, it is not that much too.

    But Green tea did well to my face! I would have acne popping out every now and then. It is not something serious or often, but it is noticeable.
    After drinking green tea, I've realize acne don't pop out on my face as often anymore. To be honest. I don't think I've seen more than 5 acne popping out on my face for the past 2 months.

    I not sure how did this happened too and I can't guarantee that it will help people facing acne problem. But at least it worked for me!(:

    For those who likes sesame or burnt taste / smell, you can try the brown rice green tea. I've tried it while I was in Korea and I love it! When I came back I bought one for myself too. It isn't the same brand / type it is what I've found in our local supermarket.



    Sometimes I would like a break from drinking just green tea but I didn't want to drink fizzy drinks. So I'll give myself a break but still drinking something green tea related...Which is...


    Plum Green Tea from Gongcha!
    Since I can choose how sweet I want it to be, I'll always get it at the lowest they serve.
    They do serve without sugar / sweet syrup and I've tried it...I must say...It is not a pleasant experience..HEHHEH!

    That's all for today!!(:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...