Monday 27 August 2012

My Favourtie Eyeliner - Dolly Wink Eyeliner

I have never touched on eyeliner because eyeliner is something that I can live without.
Furthermore, with an eye primer I can pretty much use any kind of eye liner because it won't smudge on me at all. So I felt that it wouldn't be of much help even if I did a review.

I was proven wrong by an eyeliner that which was well raved on the internet....Yes it smudges like CRAZY even with eye primer on.

So I thought I should share my favourite eyeliner with you. So you won't have to waste your money on something so expensive and useless.




If you have been around the " beauty circle" for a while you would have knew that this mascara was a hype on YouTube and was used by many beauty gurus.
Click here for reviews

I've never gotten my hands on one of this because I was really satisfied with having an eye primer on before having my L'Oreal eye liner.


I'm aware that this L'Oreal eyeliner is not suitable for people with oily eyelids, I tried having this eyeliner on without an eye primer and it would smudge at the end of the day. But I thought...I'll just use a eye primer and it'll be fine!(:

I have friends who have oily skin and they are always searching for a good eyeliner that wouldn't smudge and stay on all day. With much curiosity, I did the some searches and came across a really lousy eyeliner that made me look like a panda-.-

Because I spent SGD$20 on a eyeliner which isn't black,more greyish tone, smudges like crazy and most importantly, SO DIFFICULT to remove with a makeup remover.
PS. you will really look like a panda even after trying to remove it with a makeup remover.

Back to the point, I was really skeptical about getting the Dolly wink eyeliner because from what I read, it is very waterproof, which is much loved by many people with oily lids, and smudge proof. Many eyeliners states that they are smudge proof on their packaging, but they smudges like crazy.

I didn't want to waste my money on a eyeliner which will not stay. If it is something within $10-$15 range I wouldn't mind but this Dolly Wink one is $25!

I got this as a gift from my sister on my birthday because I really want to get it, but I wasn't convinced that it will be worth the money.

I tried it on without an eye primer, and it stayed on all day!
Pretty impressed.
Testing it's limit, I went for a swim with it, and yeah...It came off just as expected. But it doesn't smudge which is a plus to me.

I don't expect my eyeliner to be super waterproof, as long as a little water wouldn't get the eyeliner off, I'm fine with it.


This eyeliner comes with a felt tip brush that is very slim. I wouldn't say that this eyeliner is very user friendly, because if you are a beginner with eyeliner, you have to be careful and have steady hands.

It draws a very thin line,


so I have to repeatedly go over and over again to achieve this thickness. I did try to rub the eyeliner off, I don't know if you notice it, but the surrounding of the swatch is a little red due the the excess rubbing!
Which proofs what it eyeliner is pretty Rub-proof HEHHEH!

What I like about this product is that it is very slim and takes up very little space. This eyeliner is very black, very opaque, unlike some eyeliner I've tried, and the pigmentation is pretty good!
I also like that this eyeliner don't smudge or stains the eyelids which makes removing it easier.

What I don't like about this product, I don't really have steady hands so I need something firmer, because this brush is very soft, I always make mistakes while trying to get this eyeliner on, which frustrates me like crazy!
But when you get the hang of it, it's fine..

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a deep opaque black eyeliner, however, if you have very oily eyelids, I would advice you to use a good eye primer before having this eyeliner on, because I strongly believe that it will come off, it wouldn't smudge but just come off.

This retails at SGD$24.90 at our local Watsons and SaSa stores.

I'm still quite new in the eyeliner department, there is so many eyeliner out there that I have not tried, so if you have any you want to recommend, leave a comment below to let me know!!(:

xx, meiyi

2 comments:

  1. I've read several eyeliner reviews on your blog and i wanna tell you THIS IS ALSO MY FAVE EYELINER! and also thanks for the reviews, they helped me with deciding which eyeliners i wanna buy xDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your support!(:

      I'm glad my posts are of help to you!(:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...