Sunday 7 October 2012

L'oreal Paris True Match Pink Grapefuit Blush

Hi everyone,

I guess, very often now, I'll be blogging at such timing of the night.

It kind of frustrates me. I finally kicked the habit of having this owl life, and now it's back!~

I guess this means I have been managing my time very poorly. And I need to get back on track!~

Alright, so for today, I'm back with a makeup review, to be exact, it's a blush.




PS. I know the packaging is different from what you see in America. I think this is the Asia packaging.
The colour selections are also different from those that are available in America.


And the colour I have with me is Pink Grapefuit.
It's the same collection as those in Japan.


This product comes in a beautiful packaging, what I like about it is the jig-saw imprint on the blush.


You can flip the blush up and store the brush that comes with it at the bottom of the container.
Mine went missing!):


And also, on the under side of the blush, there is a mirror.
Which makes it really convenient for touching up!~


Here are the swatches for the blush.

Yes it is a total disappointment.
All I can see on my arms are shimmers.

PS. this is one of the deeper shades they have in stores.

My Thoughts,
From my experience.

This blush wasn't purchased by me, it was actually by my sister.
She wanted to try wearing some makeup daily, and L'oreal is a promising brand in Singapore.
So when they had some offer, which I can't remember what is was, she decided to grab a few of their products from the True Match line.

Out of all the products she bought, this was the only one she was left disappointed

For those who don't know, probably all of you, my sister is at least 2 shades darker than I am.

When she applied it on her cheeks, all she saw was shimmers. It did not had any colour, just shimmers.
And her cheeks looked really shimmery.

So she thought it might be that she was too dark for the blush and gave it to me.

I've tried using this a few times and was disappointed in it too.
which is why, from the pictures above, the imprint on the blush is still so deep.

What I like about this product, I really like their packaging. I don't expect a blush to stay on all day, so it would be nice if the blush is compacted in size and comes with a mirror and brush for easy touch up.
I think that this would be a really good idea for other brands out there to come out with a product like this!~

What I don't like about this product, it has to be it's pigmentation. As you can see from the swatches, you can barely see anything! All that was visible is shimmers.
It might be because I'm not fair enough for this product, the colour only showed up when I keep swatching it repeatedly(Intense swatch).

I really like the colour in the pan, but it just didn't show up the same on my skin.
I think the only possible way for this blush to work on my cheeks is as a highlight. I'm not too sure if it will really work because the shimmers seems very scattered. I shall try to work this out with different brushes.

Would I recommend this? To be honest, I wouldn't. I think you have to be really fair for the colour to show up. I am a tanned Chinese, but I might only be 1/2 - 1 shade darker than many Chinese in Singapore.
If the colour didn't showed up on my skin, I think the chances of it showing up on many other girls are really low.

I don't know how much this retails for right now, I believe it's SGD$15-20 at our local Watsons and Guardian stores.

I know many loved the True Match blush in America.
Share your thoughts about them in the comments section below!~
And leave your recommendations below too!~
I'll love to try them out!~~


On a side note,

 I am feeling really grateful to you guys who are reading my blog, be it everyday or the first time.
I'm someone who gets discouraged and loses motivation easily. For me to update this blog so often, almost daily, is not an easy task since I have to cope with school and many other matters out of this blog.

But I still manage to do it. And the main reason is because of the silent supports I've received from you.
Every time I logged into my page and see an increase in views, not matter how many, I feel really happy and motivated to do another one.

so...
Thankyou so much for reading my blog!!~(:
Thankyou so much!!~~

I don't know who is reading my blog right now because I can't see your faces.
But thank you every single one of you who are reading this!(:
Thankyou!(:

And again!~

Thanks for reading!!~

follow me on twitter...please??..
tweet me!!(:
And follow this blog to be notify of new post!(:

xx, meiyi

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Just a suggestion, if you want more people to read your posts, why don't you add labels? That way people can find your posts through google and stuff :)

    Follow me on twitter as well : dq_yadu :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...