Tuesday 20 November 2012

Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher

Hi Everyone!

About a month or 2 back, I got this blush from Etude House to try out~
I've heard great reviews about them, but when I swatch at the store and try to blend them out, it all faded to nothing on my hands.

I was pretty upset at that point and thought maybe I am too tanned for these blushes, but the sales lady told me that she is the same shade as me and recommend me her all-time favourite shade from that line. I thought, oh well.. Since it's something that she really likes and recommend it to her customer, it should work in one way or another. In worst scenario, I'll just give it away to someone who needs one.

So after using it for almost 2 months now, I'm here to share my thoughts on the blush!~



Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher


And the shade I have is #05 Grapefruit Jelly


I was told by the sales lady that not only is this her favourite shade to wear and recommend, it is also, among all the colour they have in that line, the best selling one.


It comes with this very adorable powder puff, which I've yet to use, for application.

I'm thinking maybe the correct way of applying this blush is to use the puff, but it's so cute..I couldn't bear to use it. I just stick to my brushes and they work fine~


The shade I have with me, as mentioned above, is Grapefruit Jelly.

It is a Matte, Peachy pink. I don't know if you can tell from the pan, It is actually more towards a pink that a peach


I was very disappointed and didn't buy after swatching it. You probably can't see at all.

But after I blended the blush, on the left, there's hardly anything on my hand.

You can only tell that there's only a sheer colour on my skin when I did a intense swatch.

BUT!! It's totally different when you use a applicator.

My Thoughts
From my experience

I didn't have high hope after swatching the blush on my hands before buying. I came home and took a brush, hoping that it would at least show something.

Luckily it did!!~
I have a little heavy handed the first time, resulting in a uneven application.

The colour will show up on your skin!~ Don't worry.

This blush is pretty buildable, but it takes sometime. You might want to go over maybe 3-4times with a light hand to get the results you want.

What I like about this product, For starters, I love the packaging!!~ I love anything that looks adorable.
Makes a boring product look interesting instantly.
It even aids with the decoration of your vanity!~

Although the pigmentation of the blush is incomparable with the high end blushes, It still did a really good job at adding that healthy flush on your cheeks.

On days when you don't feel like wearing makeup and don't want to look pale. You can just apply this blush on.It is hardly noticeable that you're wearing a blush, but it still gives you a nice pink healthy cheeks.

I f you want your makeup to be concentrated on your eyes or lips, but still want a little colour for your cheeks, this blush does a pretty good job too.

What I don't like about this product, the application can get pretty time consuming in the morning.
Unlike other blushes, the pigmentation is not as great, if you compare. As mentioned above, you can build the colour of this blush, but you need 3-4 'coats' to achieve that healthy flush on your cheeks, which can be a little time consuming and troublesome on rushy mornings.

I believe if you're tanner than me,NC35/40 onward, the colour may not appear or is very very sheer on the cheeks.

I was hoping that the pigmentation is a little better, so it would suit people with darker skin tones.

Would I recommend this? I would recommend this to people with fairer skintones, maybe NC30 and below. The colour would show up better on them.

This retails for SGD$12.90 at our local Etude House stores.

I actually really like how the blush makes my cheek looks, so I may try the other colours from the Lovely Cookie Blusher line. 
What other shades would you recommend?
And what you think about this blush?
Leave them in the in comments section below~

Thanks for reading!~

xx, meiyi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...