Tuesday 18 June 2013

Holika Holika Heartful Moisture Lipstick

Hi Everyone!~


After the last post, mentioning that I will go home and take some photos for today’s post.. I’m was thinking of taking the left over photos I wanted for this Holika Holika review. But ohh well… I didn’t in the end..

I’ll insert them into this post when I’ve taken them..

IMG_1307

IMG_1306

Holika Holika Heartful Moisture Lipstick



When I was at the counter, I wasn’t really convince that I’ll like their lipsticks. Because I feel that their texture is a little too wet for my liking. But it’s well-liked by Sistar, a Korean Girl group, (From the article at the counter) so I thought.. Ohh well I’ll give it a shot. Maybe I’ll have a different thought.

And I’m not gonna lie… I was so willing to buy it because of the pattern of the lipstick

IMG_1309

Isit cute or what?!! LOL!!~

IMG_1308

Here are the swatch of it

IMG_1310

Left: Candy Red  ;  Right: Fresh Orange

If I didn’t remember it wrongly, I only swatch it once like how I normally would on my lips.

Without a doubt the colour payoff is excellent!

Although it gives a matte finish in the swatch, it actually gives a light gloss when you apply on your lips.


My Thoughts

What I like about this product, Packaging wise, Nothing to complain, it look beautiful so feminine small and compact, you can easily pop it into your bag and it wouldn’t take up much space

Pigmentation wise, it’s very pigmented for a lipstick that gives your lips moisture.

Mentioned earlier, it gives your lips moisture, I didn’t really noticing it drying out my lips neither did is hydrate them either. But when I was in Macau last December, I notice that it didn’t keep my lips hydrated. So I guess it’s not that moisturizing after all.

It doesn’t really dry your lips, it just didn’t hydrate it like how it claims.

What I don’t like about this product, Still on the moisturizing and hydrating line, this lip product is a little runny . If you have dried chapped lips, you might want to exfoliate it before using this product. This lipstick will make your chapped/dry areas of your lips more noticeable. And it is quite obvious to the extend that you can actually see it from a distance.

If you have fine lines around your lips, this product will slowly sip into those lines as day passes too.So you might need to take note of that too.

Another thing that I don’t like is that it stains your lips. So… If it stains anywhere out of your lips and you don’t have a makeup remover on hand, you might need to take a while for the lipstick stain to get off.

Another thing is, because of the consistency of the lipstick, when you rub your lips together to spread the product out, it actually creates this line where the product gathers.


But all in all, I manage to make do with this lipstick for the entire day, just with a little more effort during application

How I apply this lipstick on:
1) Exfoliate your lips
2) Apply the lipstick as per normal
3) use a tissue ( with a little powder) or blotting paper to get rid of excess product
4) repeat step 1 & 2 until you achieve desired results
5) If it is not glossy enough of your liking, top it off with a lip gloss of your choice


So to summarize it,

PROs

1) Very attractive packaging
2) Very good Pigmentation
3) Doesn’t dry out the lips


CONs

1) Runny consistency
Leading to accentuating dry areas and chapped lips
sips into fine lines around the mouth area.


Would I recommend it,

I’m not going to say I strongly recommend it, because you need to take a little more effort to apply is product.
The pigmentation of this product is really good, especially for the price that you pay.



This retails for SGD$12.90 at our local Holika Holika counter


If you’ve tried this product too, share your thoughts in the comments section below!!~


Thanks for reading!!~~


xx, meiyi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...