Monday 10 June 2013

L’Oreal Paris Excellence Fashion Hair Dye

Hi Everyone!~

If you are living in Singapore, you probably would have heard of this line of red hair dye by L’Oreal. It was realised some time at the start of this year. So this year, instead of spending the money to dye our hair at the salon, my sister and I decided to try out this line of hair dye to see if it works.

PS. This was taken way back in February, before CNY.

IMG_1381


L’Oreal Paris Excellence Fashion

I don’t know about you guys, or really how hair dying works, but usually when I get this kind of DIY hair dye kit, I’m not really expecting much if they state red, or actually any colour apart from brown, because the colour will always differ quite a bit from my expectations and the colour on the box.

I was watching Clicknetwork’s tried and test, where they feature this product and use in the video. They manage to dye the hair red, so i really want to try this out to see if I finally don’t have to go to the salon if I want to dye it red.

IMG_1384

The colour that we both got is P46 Intense Ruby Red

IMG_1382

back of the packing

IMG_1383

Something doesn’t seem right about the words and the pictures, but you get the idea. LOL!~


IMG_1385

So these are the things in the box. Nothing surprising or fanciful, just the regular items that comes in it.

Before we start, let’s take a look at my sister’s hair before the dye

IMG_1387IMG_1388


I didn’t mentioned it earlier, this hair dye is suitable for people looking for hair dye that has grey coverage.


So before we start dying the hair, we have to apply on the protective pre- color serum.

This helps to protect your hair against the chemical damage from the dye and cause your hair to be drier and crispier

IMG_1386

IMG_1389

It just looks like the regular condition or those leave in treatment you use. The product is a little oily, for those who are wondering, but it doesn’t really affect the dye.

IMG_1392IMG_1393IMG_1394IMG_1395

This is how your hair will look like after the application.

It’ll look like you haven’t washed your hair for a few days or you just applied a little too much oil on your hair.. LOL!~~

What I did next is to comb the hair through to even out the hair serum, next leave it in for about 2-5mins before sectioning the hair

Here’s some pictures( for visual purposes. LOL!~)

IMG_1396IMG_1397IMG_1398IMG_1399IMG_1400IMG_1401IMG_1402IMG_1403IMG_1404IMG_1405IMG_1406IMG_1407IMG_1408IMG_1409IMG_1410IMG_1411IMG_1412IMG_1413IMG_1414IMG_1415IMG_1416IMG_1417IMG_1418IMG_1419IMG_1420IMG_1421IMG_1422IMG_1423IMG_1424


And next mix the developer and colorant up..
IMG_1425IMG_1427IMG_1428IMG_1429IMG_1434

Shake it up until you achieve this

IMG_1441

Wear you gloves and snip off the tip of the nozzle and start dying your hair!~

IMG_1451IMG_1455IMG_1458IMG_1459IMG_1463IMG_1464IMG_1465IMG_1485IMG_1487IMG_1488IMG_1489IMG_1490IMG_1491IMG_1492IMG_1493IMG_1497IMG_1498

Here’s a little tip I learnt from the salon.. LOL!~~
They told me that the hair near the scalp appear brighter than the rest of the head because of the heat from your head, that’s why they wrap your hair up so that the heat/warmth is spread throughout the hair.

This is how I do it

IMG_1500

Wrap/bun your hair up, then wrap it with a clear wrap.

IMG_1503IMG_1504IMG_1505IMG_1508IMG_1513IMG_1518IMG_1519

And let it sit for the amount of time needed.

Here’s how the hair turn out.

IMG_1521

It seems a little uneven, but it’s because of the lighting and the hair is air dried. So the darker part of the hair is still wet… =X

My Thoughts

What I like about this product, it doesn’t dry out hair out as much, it’s probably due to the the pre color serum
I realise if you take good care of your hair, the colour can actually last for quite awhile!~ Mine actually lasted for about 2 months. Even when I had to touched up on the roots, the colour is still pretty reddish.

What I don’t like about this product, I was hoping that the colour is more like what they show on the packing. But oh well. It’s not really their fault. We can only blame it on the condition of our hair. LOL!~

I don’t really have much to say about this product. Since that we pay attention to is how well the colour appear on the hair and did it dry out hair out like crazy.

We can’t really comment on the scent as well because all hair dye has this really annoying chemical scent we have to endure. LOL!!~

Alright!!~
Let’s summarize it!~

PROS:
1) Does not dry out hair
2) After dying the colour is quite vibrant
3) Colour does not drop or fade away that easily

CONS:
1) Results of the colour is dependent on hair type/condition/texture
2) the smell??


Would I recommend it??

It is not considered the cheapest in the market, however, after trying so many different kind of DIY hair kit, this is probably the one I like best!~

The price is reasonable, ~SGD$19.90 and the results are quite satisfying. By the way, I’m not just referring to the excellence fashion line, but the entire excellence line. LOL!~

And the reason why I would repurchase it again is because it doesn’t dry my hair out.
I’m tried some other brands that dry my hair out like crazy!!~ It ended up looking like grass and I have to put in more effort to get the hair condition back to how it was before..



This product retails for ~SGD$19.90 at our local Guardian, Watsons, and major hyper and super markets.



If you have any DIY hair kit you really like, Share them below!!~ I’d love to try them out!!~


Thanks for reading!!~~


xx, meiyi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...