Friday 17 October 2014

Review : Freeman Facial Polishing Mask

Hi Everyone!~
I was at the guardian near my place one very very random day a few months ago and i chance upon this freeman mask I’ve never seen anywhere. No online review or anything. The thing that draw me into it was… charcoal and black sugar, both known to be good for your skin. When I saw it, I’m like… YES! MUST BUY! SO CHEAP! LOL!
Yea. after using it for months and it’s almost down to the last 2 uses, I’m here to share my thoughts about it~

IMG_4160IMG_4161

Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask



Pollution…debris…it's a wonder skin can breathe! This unique mask and scrub works double time to detox skin. First, naturally purifying Activated Charcoal helps absorb oil and impurities without over-drying. Then, Black Sugar helps exfoliate away dulling skin cells for softness and clarity. Perfect for all skin types.
Directions: Apply mask to face and neck, avoiding contact with eyes. Leave on for 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Use 2 times a week or as often as needed.

IMG_4165
ALERT!!Pardon my face~ HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!!! It was taken way pass midnight. TOO TIRED TO EVEN SMILE. AHAHHAHAHA

Apply product onto dry skin
IMG_4171
The consistency of the mask is very grainy. i expected it to be more creamy that oily, not too sure why, But when i first dispense the product, it feels like sugar and a very thick oil.
OHHH the mask becomes warm when it comes into contact with your skin. Feels alittle scary.. AHHA I’m guessing it’s the charcoal doing it’s job.
Even though i squeeze out alot of product, it doesn’t make my face all black.
That’s actually one thing i hope it does~

I left it on for 2-5mins before massaging my face. The warmth is still there, and the sugar grains melt into the thick oil.
I’ll usually massage my face until it becomes like a cream/oil consistency.
IMG_4172
why that face?!?!! LOL!!!
Not too sure if you notice.. the product slided to my lips. And i have to admit…. Yea i always accidentally lick some product. & it’s sweet. HAHAHA and taste a little powdery~ But that’s not the point.

Yea usually when all the grains dissolve, which is about a min or two of massaging, I’ll damp my hands & continue massaging it repeatedly until the product is all gone. That’s more of a personal preference la~ You can just rinse it off quickly.

MY THOUGHTS,

This product is AMAZING!!!~~~ I have tons of masks at home. So I’ll always rotate with what I have. I really like how this mask warms up and gives a soothing feeling. I never knew why until I just checked the ingredients, lavender oil. I have to admit, on days where i feel extra lazy/tired being home only after midnight but yet.. i need to deep cleanse/ exfoliate my skin, most of the time I’ll pick this product up. Sometimes I’ll just skip cleansing my face and put this on.

You know how like all deep cleansing, purifying and exfoliating products often leaves that feeling where you felt like the natural oil on your skin is being totally stripped off? That tight,powdery smooth feeling every time you them, This product will not give you that feeling.
Instead, It feels like the sugary liquid layer stays on your skin after massaging. You know how you feel when you use oil base products? yea that feeling, but minus the oily feeling.LOL!
Im not too sure just they’ll call this a mask~~ I feel it feels more like a scrub than a mask since when you layer it on like all mask, it doesn’t feel like it does anything to your skin..
For scent wise…It’s fine~~ Nothing too strong and unbearable. There’s a little dusty smell which i’m assuming is the scent of charcoal HAHAH.. It’s more fragrant than pungent

For packaging wise, if you’re using the product you’ll know what i’m gonna say…. This bottle has a problem with closing the cap tight! sometimes when i knock the cap on the ground(because i’m not that strong most of the time when it comes to strength) it doesn’t close at all. the product won’t flow out or anything if you just leave it as it is. But it’s just annoying seeing the bottle not capped well. LOL!

Alright! Let’s summarise everything

PROs
1) Does not dry out skin
2) Relaxing & Soothes tired skin
3) Deep Cleanse & purify skin well
4) Smells good


CONs
1) Cap doesn’t shut well
2) May be too rough/grainy for some people


Will I recommend it?
Yes definitely. For the price you pay for. This is indeed a very good product. For months, this product actually replaced all the more high ends one i have in my collection.
This is really affordable for people of any age group and it’s really a steal!!!
Everyone!! especially if you wear make up, you should give it a go!!! you will not regret it!


This product retails for SGD$12.90 at our local Wastons & Guardian Store.

Thanks for reading!!

xx, meiyi

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...