Wednesday 3 December 2014

Food Diary : A Vegetarian World Part 1

Hi Everyone!

I was just clearing out the photos on my phone and there was.. so many photos of food. and some i really enjoyed!
I couldn’t let it just stay as it is in the phone and not share here~
DISCLAIMER: there may or may not be a overload of food images. Viewer’s discretion is advised.
Ohhh! I’ve never mentioned here or anywhere. All the food I’ll be sharing are all vegetarian since I’m one.
Ehhhh… what else should i add?? hmmmm.. OHHHH!!! vegetarian not vegan arh~~~

Ok! now that’s we’ve cleared everything. let’s begin!!~~
20141120_184831

I saw llao llao on instagram when my friends went there to try it. I didn’t know it was popular or anything.. And this one day We were window shopping while waiting for our friends for dinner, we chanced upon the store and decided to try one! and did not looked back ever since LOL!!!
I didn’t know it was some craze or something really popular when i first tried it. BECAUSE.. there just wasn’t any queue.. i think i could still go straight up to the counter and browse through what they had there.
But the 2nd time i wanted it.. I went to a different location and the queue… –.-….
I just can’t understand why people will queue 30mins for just one cup of froyog. But after many failed attempts to pursue me to queue for 30mins, We finally got join in the 20mins queue to get our 2nd cup. And of cos! i had to snap a photo! 20mins leh!!! achievement unlocked!! There you go. Photo above. LOL!!!
Will I queue 20mins again for a Froyog? No I won’t. I’ll just drop by when there isn’t queue.HAHAHAHHA I just don’t like queues. But It’s worth a try if you havent tried it! It’s life changing!! and you’ll never see froyog the same again. HAHAHAHAHAHA #exaggerating.
The next time I went with my friend, The queue wasn’t that long. I think we got it within 10mins~ And it didn’t melt as fast.. LOL!!! The 20mins one melted even before i left the building-.-
Ok.. I’m not gonna lie.. The reason i got it is partially cos I liked the spoon. LOL!!!
20141128_192957
As seen on Instagram
If you’re wondering what I got in the 2 photos above, It’s Sanum @ SGD$6.50
For Llao Llao locations, Click HERE

One of my bestfriends, XM and I LOVEEEEEEE Indian food. We have this few indian restaurants that we enjoy going~ But i think most of it I didn’t manage to take any photos. HAHAHAAH
There’s this one that we went on our girls night out
20140919_202353
I can’t rmb what mutabak isit. But it’s the more popular ones.
This place is Tulasi.
They don’t have any online site that you can view them or anything. So I’ll insert the address after this.
They do serve garlic & onion. So for people who don’t consume them like myself, you can tell them when you make your order and they’ll remove it for you.
I’m gonna put a disclaimer.. This is not the cheapest indian food I had in my life. I believe it belongs to one of the higher range one. But.. It’s pretty worth the price. If you don’t have a big appetite, this can be shared among 2 people to fill full. I consider myself as someone with a slightly bigger appetite and I still couldn’t finish it sooo~~
And it’s by far one of the best indian restaurant I’ve been so far.. no wonder my friends and I always revisits them. AHHAHA

Tulasi Vegetarian Restaurant & Cafe
Address : 46 Race Course Rd, 218559
Contact : 6299 3809
 
For a weekend breakfast, XM and I LOVE this place~~ Sometimes we’ll go there for brunch too
20141025_111421
PRATA!!~~~ at Zi Zai Vegetarian @ Tampines..
I don’t stay anywhere near tampines, so for me to keep wanting to go back for it, it only meant that it’s good!
I don’t know how they manage to make the curry for the prata but it’s sooo good. It might be because the chef making the prata is an indian, so the flavours and everything that comes all this awesomeness that delivers to your mouth may or may not have been done by him~~ Nonetheless~~ Major YUMSS!!
I’m thinking if i should bring my sister there this weekend for breakfast…hmmm..maybe i should! LOL!!
20141025_111639
The above is called Assam Penang Laska I think.. If i didn’t remember wrongly.This have to be the most expensive laksa I’ve eaten so far. It’s SGD$5. Chance upon it on the wall when we were waiting for our prata that same day, hence the photobombing prata in that photo. LOL!

I LOVE this Laksa sooooo much I can just eat it everyday!!!!!! YES I’m exclaiming in excitement as I’m typing now. LOL!! my face is 0.0!!!!! LOL!!!
But sadly..I think it’s only sold for breakfast. Not too sure if they have it on weekdays. But it was there on the saturday I was there! I NEED TO GO BACK!!!!!

It’s sour and very flavourful for a breakfast. So if you’re not someone who likes very sour or too flavourful food for your meals. you may not like it. XM prefers salty food better. So he didn’t really enjoy it. YEAP YOU’RE RIGHT!!! I GOT THE ENTIRE BOWL TO MYSELF!!!!NOMNOMNOM!!!

Zi Zai Vegetarian @ Tampines
Address: 801 Tampines Avenue 4 #01-281, 520801
Contact : 6781 1820
Opening Hours : 9am-11pm

Continuing with the sour trend~~~ Did you know Bali Thai has vegetarian menu??!!
My friend and I decided on an impromtu meal there one day just cos I told her.. I really wanna have some tom yam soup.
20141028_194928
Ok la.. I have to admit.. I didn’t take this photo for the sake of blogging. It’s to show XM how much I liked the pot and how they serve them like they just cooked it over the mini stove. LOL!!!
Sorry arh.. abit of a country pumpkin here. My tomyam soups are all reddish reddish one leh.. This Tomyam soup is clear!! AND it’s spicy!!!!!~~ I like~~~ LOL!!
Yea.. we didn’t knew this was for 2.. and we kinda over ordered(which i didn’t have the picture for it) But this managed to fit into our stomach just before it exploded.. Too good to waste! LOL!
Ohhhohhh. and if you’re there.. Try they’re stir fry asparagus~ It’s really good too!!
Price… you know la.. bali thai.. not that cheap. LOL!
But once in a while.. ok la.. quite good. HAHAHAHA
They have garlic and onion in some of their dishes.. You and ask them to remove it if it’s possible~ Just nice that meal we didn’t had to.

For Bali Thai locations, click HERE

Recently, there was this new vegetarian place my friends were talking about and it’s called Clover 8. It’s like a branch of our 2 favourite chinese restaurant. So XM and I went and tried it before we read any review online.. I think we ordered ermmm… not the nicer ones.. LOL!
20141030_185851
I’m never a fan of nasi lemak. So i didn’t really liked the nasi lemak dish.
The other 2 dishes are apparently vietnamese dishes.. And i LOVE Vietnamese food. My love begin when i went to vietnam last year.. and couldn’t find any vegetarian ones here in Singapore. So when I saw this! I got really really excited and decided to order it!!~~
But.. It was a little disappointing… Maybe I like really flavourful ones like the ones I tried in Vietnam.. I felt the 2 dishes we kind mehh~~~.. XM too.. he didn’t really like them too..
This meal was kind of average for both of us. Not something we would make a special trip down just for the food~
And we got thai red ruby and mango rice for dessert.. PS. mango rice’s photo is already in my belly. HAHAHAHA
20141030_192824
It’s abit better than the rest.. But still in the mehhhhh category.. LOL!!
never seen XM feeling so disappointed in the food before since he’s not the picky one between the both of us. LOL!!
But our friends who went there after we went said the food was good! so did hungryangmo~~ so I’m guessing~~ I think we just didn’t picked out the right food. LOL!!! all those they were said nice.. we didn’t order.. HAHAHAHA

Clover 8 Vegetarian & Vegan Bistro
Location: 5 Stadium Walk, #01-40, Kallang Leisure Park 
Contact: 63482077 
Opening Hours: Daily 11.00am-10.00pm


Let’s move on to more atas dining. LOL!!!
Not too sure if anyone have heard this~~ SUFOOD!
It’s like the in thing for vegetarians and many non vegetarian friends recently. if you’re going in groups more than 2, I’ll suggest you do an early reservation for a few days if you have a preferred time of the day. I remember doing a week in advance reservation for dinner time on a friday night. but if you’re fine with having dinner at 8.30pm.. then you can do the reservation on the day itself or just try your luck walking in
It’s an 8 course meal..let’s see.. how should i place it..
20141003_195209
Starter & that fruit vinegar are the first 2 courses

20140720_17523320141003_195631
Followed by salad. You have to choose one. I went there quite afew times and with friends.. sooo.. LOL!
They have 4 to choose from if i didn’t remember wrongly. but i prefer this 2.

Then.. the star…. well at least to me
20141003_195644
The rosemary bread sticks with the dipping sauce! OMG!!! I need to learn how to make them! LOVE IT!!!!

20140720_18045820141003_201116
There are 4 kinds also. But the other 2 I didn’t really cared for.
Right is pea potage and left is cabbage sweet potato. If i didn’t remember wrongly

and for the mains
20140720_18193720141003_202631IMG-20140720-WA0018
This are my top 3 favourites!!! YUMS!!!! I need to go back for them!!! LOL!!
Top : Porcini Pasta
Middle : Charcoal Tagliatelle
Bottom : Star Pizza

And finally for the dessert.
20141003_210250
You can choose the dessert and drinks. But I just this this so much I kept ordering this when I’m there. LOL!!

For more information you can head on to http://sufood.com.sg/ to check out their menu!


When you ask where to get vegetarian korean food in singapore. people will probably tell you boneless kitchen.
But XM found this place that serve vegetarian korean food too! made by koreans. But sadly we couldn’t have the kimchi cos there was garlic in it.
nonetheless it was a great meal!
20141106_193018
we really over ordered. because we didn’t expect the portions to be so big.
We had Kimchi ramyeon, bibimbap, toekboekki and this fried abalone mushroom which came in a really large servings. we had to take away the leftovers cos it’s really too much to waste. LOL!
and on the side if you noticed.. it’s their potato salad.. omg I love!!!!
Both of us really enjoyed this meal! veg non veg should give this store a go~~ it’s pretty good. my family tried the takeaways and they love it too~~
It’s Gum Gang Won. For more details head on over to their website. For vegetarian menu, you have to head over to the store and ask them for it.

I think i’ll stop here for now. I still have a few more to go.. But.. this post seems alittle too long to read HAHAHAHA!!

Stay Tune for Part 2!!!

Thanks for reading!!
xx, meiyi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...