Tuesday 4 June 2019

Review : The Face Shop Chia Seed Fresh Cleansing Water


Hi Everyone!

I love..LOVE cleansing oil to remove my makeup. every time when someone asks me what makeup remover i’d recommend, i always mention my favourite biore cleansing oil. Which… i just checked. i haven’t written a post on it. Will do it soon.
The past few years cleansing water/ micellar water has been the bomb. everyone seem to be using these to remove makeup. honestly. when i first started out i didn’t really like them. cos to me i felt that it was just water. LOLLL but slowly as i tried more and more, i realised they’re not that bad! i’ve did a post long long ago on the L’Oreal’s micellar water, which they’ve probably already changed packaging.
So today i’m back to share with you another cleansing water that i’ve been using.
IMG 7112
IMG 7113
























The Face Shop Chia Seed Fresh Cleansing Water
It mentions on it’s packaging as a facial cleansing water( no rinse required) and didn’t mention anything about it being a makeup remover unlike many other brands. But, after using it for a good 2years. this product does removes makeup.
i really like that it comes with a pump
IMG 7114










Instead of having to pour the product out, the lazy me can just press it with the cotton pad
IMG 7115










& usually it takes about 3-4 pumps to soak the cotton pad.
IMG 7116










I didn’t wore makeup while i was taking photos for this post. so my after photo is residue of sunblock and the dirt accumulated throughout the entire day.
IMG 7118










So as you can see, it does remove quite an amount of dirt on face that doesn’t have any makeup.
I’m not gonna lie, i was initially drawn to this product because of the method of dispensing LOL and i thought. i’ll just finish using this and pour whichever i really like into the bottle and continue using. if you haven’t already figured out. I wasn’t expecting this product to be good. That’s because i am a huge supporter of oil cleansers.
The first time i used it. it was really just a lazy way out to cleanse my face without actually washing it. and NO. you shouldn’t be doing this. so.. i didn’t exactly expected it to do wonders, because it doesn’t claim wonders as well. i just needed something decent to cope with my laziness. LOL
One fine day, i was getting ready for a function and i messed up my eye makeup. calling out for eye makeup lovers out there! feel my frustration!!! and me being a fan of oil cleansers and totally didn’t had any backup of other forms of spot cleaning, i didn’t had any makeup remover that could do spot cleaning. So i just thought. oh well.. no harm let’s just try using this since the previous L’oreal one managed to remove makeup, although this didn’t mention anything maybe it will be able to? I mean if in anyway it make things worst. I’ll just remove my makeup and redo it again. So i grabbed a Qtip and soaked it with product and started spot cleaning.
I got to say.. it worked well! i didn’t even need to apply any pressure and it removed waterproof makeup like a breeze! totally sold. and i recalled, when i had light makeup i always gravitate towards cleansing water to remove the makeup before cleansing my skin. I mean.. what’s wrong with me! how can i forget that i ever did that. LOL
So currently i’ve been using micellar water/ cleansing water to clean my face before washing it with a cleanser.
& particularly this i’m using at home at the moment. & as you can tell from the packaging. it’s not something i bring along when i’m travelling. LOLLL
Although the packaging on this cleansing water mention that it’s a no rinse needed. I still feel you should at least rinse your face with water. well at least to me, it feels like there’s something on your skin. it’s not oily or sticky. it just feels there’s something on your skin.it doesn’t make break out into acne planation but it just didn’t felt like my face is clean. So i always will at least rinse with water.
Alright for all you lazy peeps like me who never like reading old grandmother’s story here’s a summary of the cleansing water!
PROs
1) comes with a pump, super convenient & easy to control for lazy people like me HAAH
2) unscented if scents turn you off like i do
3)cleans dirt/light makeup off face extremely well
4) good for spot cleaning or even removing waterproof makeup
5) Non drying to skin
CONs
1) leaves a residue on your skin
2) doesn’t come in a variety of size, hence not travel friendly.
Will I recommend this?
YES i will! I mean it gets it’s job done, and it’s not crazy expensive for a cleansing water. So what not to like about this product?
Sorry girls(&guys) I repurchased it when my friends/sister were in korea, so i’ve no idea how much it cost now you may have to head down to the face shop store to check the price out!
With that we’ve come to the end of today’s review! i hope you enjoyed it and i shall see you in the next post!
Sign offA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...