Wednesday 20 February 2013

Bifesta Part 2–Bright Up Cleansing Lotion

Hi Everyone!~

Yay~ Manage to get some motivation and some time to write this post!!~

After so long~~ I’m finally writing about the other ( Brightening) Cleansing Lotion by Bifesta, that I’ve tried together with the Sebum version. If you haven’t read my post on the Sebum cleansing lotion, click HERE.

IMG_1324


Bifesta Brightening Cleansing Lotion


IMG_1325

After using the Sebum Cleansing Lotion, my elder sister feel that it’s too drying for her skin, so she bought the Bright Up version to try out. And me being me, tried it out together with her.. LOL!~

IMG_1326

IMG_1327

Similar to the Sebum one, it comes in a pump and a catch to prevent you from accidentally pressing on the pump to waste product.

IMG_1328

Products on my arm ( left to right)
-Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara (waterproof)
- Etude House Oh’m Eye Line eyeliner in brown
- Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil in Ever Green (waterproof)
- Revlon Colorstay Lipstick in Icy Nude
- Etude House Eyeshadow in Cafe Mocha

IMG_1331

After a couple of fast swipes

IMG_1332

And soaking the left over makeup with a soak cotton pad for a few seconds.

My Thoughts

What I like about this product, Similar to the Sebum version, I like that it removes majority of my makeup very easily when I just have a little foundation & Sunscreen or BB cream on.

On days where I don’t have any makeup to remove, I like to take this to cleanse by face before bed time. I notice that it removes dirt and oil that are accumulated on my face.

Although this states brighten up, but I didn’t notice it brightening my complexion very much. Maybe just slightly.

I notice that my face is smoother whenever I use this lotion. It’s probably because it doesn’t remove moisture from my face, and the cotton pad, at the same time, does a little exfoliating. Similar to what a toner will do.

Brightening products usually don’t dry my face up. This product is not an exception too.


What I don’t like about this product, Similar to the Sebum version, I feel that this product doesn’t remove waterproof makeup as well. It requires some tugging and rubbing in order to remove those “stubborn” makeup.Sometimes your skin tends to turn a little red from it. Comparing it to the Sebum version, I feel that the Sebum version removes extremely waterproof makeup better than this.

However, that’s usually not something that bothers me. If I have very waterproof makeup on my face, I’ll usually use a makeup remover that is meant for waterproof makeup to remove my makeup.

One that I usually use, and till today is still my favourite, is the Biore Hydra-clear Makeup remover, click HERE to read my thoughts on them.

To summarize it,

PROs

  1. Removes majority of the makeup quickly and easily
  2. Face feels smoother
  3. Does not dry out your skin
  4. Suitable for Sensitive skin
  5. Cleanse face, leaving a clean and refreshing feeling


CONs

  1. Does not remove waterproof makeup well, especially eye makeup


Will I recommend this??

Of course I will!! And the reason is the same as what I gave in the Sebum one.

For those haven’t read it, here’s what I said…

I actually find this product really good. I’ve replace my night cleansing routine with this, and also the other version which I’ll probably be talking about in the next post. All of us who have makeup on, on a daily basis, would know that the most dreadful thing we want to do is to remove makeup. It’s just so time consuming! But this product does it all. From removing the makeup (non-waterproof) to cleansing your skin.


If you’re worried that your skin will not be clean and pores will clog since it doesn’t seem to cleanse that well, don’t worry!! I had that thought too! But it didn’t happen! My skin didn’t have any breakout or clogged pores appearing, it actually makes my face less dry since it doesn’t remove as much natural oil from my skin as when I cleanse my skin thoroughly everyday


This retails for SGD$18.90 at our local Watsons and Guardian stores.

Yes.. I know.. SGD$2 more than the sebum one.. LOL!!~

I have been wanting to try the Biore Jelly makeup remover.. Hope I won’t get distracted by other makeup remover the next time I go into Watsons to get it!!~ LOL!!~~



Has anyone tried any of the Bifesta line?? What are your thoughts??
Any makeup remover you want to recommend or want me to try??

Share with me and everyone in the comments section below!!((:


Thanks for reading!!~


xx, meiyi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...