Friday 25 January 2013

The Beauty Bloggers Tag

Hi Everyone!~


I was looking for new blogs to follow and read and I came across http://chloeleonardmakeupartist.blogspot.com and saw this tag post. I've never seen a tag post going around, maybe I'm not searching hard enough, so when I saw this, I wanted to do it..

PS. which means I have to think of the answers on the spot. (:


From Chloe's post, this tag is made up by Tattooed Tealady , aka Sophia. Thankyou Sophia for making this tag, now I can do it!!~


Let me not ramble any more and get into it!(:




Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?


Since young, I have this thing for makeup. Fashion, maybe not so much. I remember I use to take my mum's eyebrow pencil and start drawing my brows, or her lipsticks to apply.

But it never occurred to me as something I like/love until few years back when I start having breakouts.
I started watching beauty videos and reading beauty blogs.. It started out with a simple goal to clear up all the pimples and acne on my face, but it slowly became how to draw on eyeliner, to how to apply liquid foundation, conceal imperfections, etc.etc. It didn't take long for me to get to the phrase where I want to get some makeup products that are being raved on the internet.


After some time on the Youtube and Blogsphere, being an "audience", I really wanted to chip in my 2cents worth of thoughts, but I kept holding back, since I'm a pessimist to start off.

Only when I entered Uni and met this friend that's always asking me about skincare and makeup recommendation then I started thinking, maybe I can start a blog and share "what I think" and maybe "what I know" with people all around the world. So after I came back from my Korea trip, I got really inspired to blog. I don't know where that impulsiveness came from, but it's a good one though.


I started blogging in Mid July 2012.
Initially I was blogging every single day, but when school start, I found it a little tough to cope with blogging so often.. So now.. I blog whenever time allows me to.

I'm actually really looking forward to the end of my exams somewhere in June where I can start blogging everyday again, because I really like it~


Whose blog did you fall in love with first?

The very first beauty blog that I read is icyabstract aka Sara. I found her on YouTube, but slowly she stop making videos and concentrate on her blog, I think I have been following her blog for a good 3-4 years now and I'm always feeling very tempted to buy when she has good reviews on makeup /skincare products.



What is the first blogsphere hyped product you bought and was worth the hype?


It has to be the Maybelline Falsies Mascaras. I've seen people raved about some really good skincare products, but it isn't really a hyped. There was this one point, almost all the YouTubers I follow are all using that mascaras, and I start seeing bloggers highly raving them too!!~

I've got my hands on the Falsies Mascara in the late 2011, and it has been my favourite mascara until now!!




What are your favourite 5 things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?



  1. Just like many other beauty blogger out there, I believe your real life friends / family aren't as interested  into beauty products as you are. It goes the same for me. Sometimes when I'm telling people around me about this certain beauty product, I do feel that I'm kind of boring them out, or maybe even worse, annoy them, when I go on and on.

    Being a blogger actually allows me to talk about what I'm really interested in and share it with people who share the same interest with! (which leads to the next point..)

  2. Sharing my thoughts on the products that I've tried. When I just started blogging, all I really had in mind was to share my thoughts, then I got an email from someone mentioning that my post actually helped her decided to get the product or not, then I got a couple of "note" from girls on my blog and on twitter saying that my posts helped them too. I am really happy, until this day, I still am. I didn't expect people to actually tell me that what I said is useful and it helped them. I didn't think that deep into it when I started blogging. But being able to help girls (or boys) through these posts makes me feel really honored and happy

  3. Because of blogging, I'm more daring to try out different brands. Before I blogged, I only use brands mainly MAC, Maybelline, L'oreal, Makeup Forever & Smashbox. I was very complacent with them. I never really want to give Etude House a chance then, because of some bad experience in the past. But look at what I'm loving now.. ETUDE HOUSE!~

    Blogging really put me out there to pick up various brands to try out. Since I'm still schooling and can't afford to get so many high-end makeup and skincare, it actually "forces" me to check out those below my budget. And some products really surprised me! They're AWESOME!~ Some of them actually beat some high-end products of mine!

  4. You know when you had a bad day, when you do something you're interested in or really like, it makes you feel so much better?

    That's how I feel about blogging, to be more specific, beauty blogging.

    In this 6 months, I would be lying if I told you there isn't a day where I'm feeling very negative. Being a pessimist, I do feel negative pretty often. Every time when I'm blogging with a bad mood, I suddenly feel alright. I don't feel so negative anymore. I actually feel pretty relaxed and my fingers start typing happily, and by the time I published the post, I'm totally out of the negative mood.

  5. This is not a favourite, but something I look forward to...

    I've had short conversations with beauty bloggers and YouTuber through the internet but I don't think it's what you can classify as friends. I feel really happy chatting with people, whom I don't know, yet has the same interest as.

    Like mentioned, it makes me really happy when people tweet me, email etc etc. Because I really like how I can interact with people I don't know and talk about things we all like. It's not everyday that you get to meet people with the same "obsession" ! LOL!~


What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?


Different products works differently on everyone. While writing down your thoughts on a product, don't be afraid to voice out what you noticed. Just because it isn't what everyone else is experiencing doesn't mean that it will not happen to someone else.

Be sincere and honest with what you write and to your readers. 


Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?

I sure did!~ I understood what my skin needs, and changed my routine up a little.

I've also noticed myself being happy over small little details and be more contented with what I have.



What advice would you give a beauty blogger just starting out?


Have fun with blogging what you're interested in, and be more optimistic about everything.

Fears will not help you progress, but overcoming it will.



Name your top 5 brands

  1. MAC
  2. Etude House
  3. Dolly Wink
  4. Maybelline
  5. Makeup Forever


Recommend your top 5 beauty products

  1. CURE - Aqua Natural Gel ( Click here to read my thoughts on it)
  2. Etude House - Oh M'Eye Line Eyeliner ( Click here to read my thoughts on it)
  3. Mentholatum - Acne Sealing Jell ( Click here to read my thoughts on it)
  4. Maybeline - Falsies Mascara
  5. Biore - Hydra-Clear Makeup Remover ( Click here to read my thoughts on it)

Tag other beauty bloggers to do this tag

I tag ANYONE and EVERYONE who reads this!!~ Do this tag and feel free to leave your link in the comments section below!!~
So I can read them too!!


Thanks for reading!!~


xx, meiyi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...