Tuesday 1 September 2015

Review : Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation

Just had a quick dinner with xm. Now here I am waiting for him to knock of from work in another 1hr time. Good thing I brought along my laptop so I can do something while waiting.
Here’s my view for the next 1hr.
IMG 5584


























A cup of chai tea latte, my macbook and my phone. forgot to bring along my headphone. So no music for me. but it’s alright. I have an hr to kill. won’t be too bad!

So i wanted to talk about a foundation I’ve been using for a good a year now.
This was something I never thought I would ever purchase. but being at the airport when everything was tax free made got it and hence fell in love with it’s finish.
IMG 5502



































And it’s none other than the Chanel Vitalumiere Auqa foundation.

IMG 5505


























I believe by now many of you have heard of this foundation and how highly raved it was and still is in the beauty world on the internet.

I chance upon this foundation while watching fleur's, from fleurdeforce, video. Wanted to try this for the longest time. But was really pulling it back due to the price of the foundation. It’s I think $70+ just for a bottle of foundation. Now that i’ve tried many many foundations, I find the price alright now, but back then… When i was soo in loved with my mac studio fluid foundation., everything just seem too  expensive to purchased. so I waited.

Till one day i walked into the duty free store at the airport and got it!. I think if i didn’t remember wrongly, it’s around $50+

IMG 5510


























It comes in a squeeze bottle. Then it wasn’t a common thing for a foundation to be in a bottle like this. but now it’s the norm. Many makeup brands are coming out with such convenient packaging.

Still totally in love with this packaging.
Simple, sturdy, compact. What more can i ask. Furthermore!!! it’s plastic!
I can drop it how many times I want and it will not break!

I got mine in shade B20 Beige. and we all know. B20 are for people with very fair skin. Tanned skin people around nc30 will never be able to pull off with makeup for people with nc20 and fairer. Didn’t know why but I still went ahead and got it!

But after using it, I realise, the difference isn’t obvious. So I just stuck on with it. In fact. I really like it on my skin. it doesn’t look like it doesn’t match my skintone!

IMG 5518
























You just squeeze it out of the tube.
PS. that black thing I’m holding is my remote LOL! I don’t know how bloggers manage to take this shot themselves. Not sure if they did it themselves or someone took it for them. But me not being tech savvy, this is my way of selfie. HAHAHA

IMG 5519
























So this little amount is enough for half a face! Can you believe it?!!!

IMG 5522
























This looks like it’s too fair for my skin, in fact it is. But after blending it, it totally blends into the skin.
I applied only on half my face to show you how well it blends despite the shade difference.

IMG 5523
























Can you tell that I have foundation on the right side? No right??!!
and the coverage is good! look at the left, the darkness and dullness on the skin is being well blended. And my squinting looks the same, just now awaken.

Well.. maybe it’s not too noticeable

IMG 5526
























And I moved on to apply on the entire face.
For this foundation, I found my favourite way to apply it is like this. Then using my hands blend them out.
I don’t usually enjoy using my hands to apply foundation. I have a friend that totally loves it. But not me. I find it really hard to blend my with fingers when it comes to full coverage foundation.

But for this, I just love using my hands. The warmth of my fingers actually melts the foundation even more and makes it look like my skin on my face! makes me look like I have flawless skin! totally in love with it.

IMG 5535























I have this dark spot on my forehead. and some darkness between my cheekbones and undereyes. And see! I look like I have nothing on!

Looks like my skin. just in a better condition.

This foundation is also very light weight, sometimes when I have this foundation on without eyeliner or mascara, I will actually forget I have makeup on and forgot to remove it and head to bed.
PS. Sometimes I just got too lazy to even wash my face.

IMG 5536


























Unless you really come up close, and saw my very fine hair on my face caught the foundation, it’s almost unnoticeable that I have foundation on.
Like really up close like the above photo

IMG 5537


























Even looking at my cheeks, it doesn’t look cakey. If you don’t focus on my mole, you won’t even notice I have a layer of foundation on my skin. And this side. I actually have 2 layers of foundation on, because it’s the side that I did the half face, then the full face.

I really have nothing much to complain about this foundation other than the price if I really had to find a flaw on it.

I was looking at the colour selection to see which exactly is the right shade for me. Turns out it is B40? but B20 works really well. I’m just wondering if B40 give off the same glowy effect it has now with B20 or not. maybe after this bottle I’ll try it with B30. But!!!! there sure is a large range of shades for selection!

Currently I don’t have dry patches for this foundation to cling on.
But from what I remember. I don’t think this foundation clings much on dry patches. in fact. this makes my skin not feel so dry after using it everyday.

I don’t have oily skin, so I don’t know if this works on oily skin or not. But from the review I saw online. this foundation is like perfect for all skin type! how can this be?? if this foundation doesn’t work for you, let me know!! I’ll love to know more about it. because so far all I saw about this foundation are just rave. Even from my own experience, it’s also a fantastic one.

Alright let’s summarise things up

Pros
1) Lightweight
2) Will not make face greasy
3) Looks like your skin, doesn’t cake
4) nice scent(musky)
5) Doesn’t cling on dry patches of the skin
6) Blends very easily


Cons
1) The Price

Will I recommend this?
YES!!! TOTALLY!! If you wanna try a good foundation. Totally give this a go! It’s worth every cent you pay for it and you will not regret it!
I’ve been trying to find a cheaper dupe for this, but everything doesn’t seem to work as well!
If you have any recommendation let me know in the comments below! i’d love to try it out!!

I won’t even try and tell the you exact price. But it’s about SGD$70-80. Sold in Chanel Makeup counters.

Alright! I’m done with the post! just nice! in another few more mins time xm will be coming down and we’ll be heading home!

I’ll see you in the next post!!
Thanks for reading!
Sign off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...